Prophesies Concerning the Baptism of the Holy Ghost
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
– The Holy Ghost Baptism is available to all.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
– Jehovah will put His spirit within us.
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
– Prophesy that tongues would be used to speak to this people!
– see Acts 3:19
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
– Jesus will baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
– Jesus said believers would speak with tongues.
– Have you really believed? See Jn 7:38-39
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
– Our heavenly Father will give us the Holy Spirit.
– The Spirit given to those who ask.
– We should ask our heavenly Father for the Holy Ghost.
49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
– Jesus sends the promise.
– Tarrying was for the initial outpouring, the Holy Ghost is now immediately available to all who have repented, been baptized in Jesus name, are obedient, ask for it, etc…
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
– We need to be baptized in water and with the Holy Ghost.
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
– Those that believe according to the scriptures should receive the Holy Ghost.
– Should here, according to Vine’s could be properly translated “were to”.
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
– At that day, the day that we receive the Comforter, we will know that we have Jesus in us. Having the Holy Ghost is the same as having Jesus; Christ in you the hope of Glory. To assume that making the mental assent of “accepting the Lord as our personal saviour” brings him into us to dwell is erroneous.
– If we keep his commandments (obey him) he will manifest himself to us.
– Vs. 20, There is a way of knowing!
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
– Now we have the Father also abiding with us.
– Manifesting in vs. 21 is now clearly making abode. (Mansion)
– When we receive the comforter we receive Father, Son and Holy Ghost. This is a good depiction of the Oneness doctrine in regards to all the fullness of the godhead being in Jesus who was God manifest in the flesh!
– Christ in you, the hope of glory!
– The world does not receive the Holy Ghost.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
– The Comforter is the Holy Ghost.
– The Holy Ghost the Apostles teacher and assurance of memory.
– Holy Ghost sent in Jesus name.
– Whom the Father will send in Jesus’ name!
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
– Jesus coming again.
– Holy Ghost not yet given.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
– Here again we have the Holy Ghost foretold to be the Apostles teacher, therefore we know what they taught was true, how they baptized was correct etc..
– Jesus was talking to the Apostles. How many Christians and/or preachers do you know who claim to have received instruction from God yet are not willing to follow the instructions and example of the Apostles?
– Don’t let those who have not the Spirit of truth try to teach you anything!
– See: I Cor 2:10-16, Rom 8:9 BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS!! Mat. 7:15
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
– It doesn’t say they received it at this time.
– This signified the Holy Spirit being the breath of God would come forth from him!
4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
– Jesus is referring to the fulfillment of John’s prophesy.
– Commanded to wait for the promise of the Father. Note the emphasis on this and the order in conjunction with vs.8. The apostles were to wait for the baptism of the Holy Ghost before trying to win the world.
– One of the main problems today is we have believers who have gone forth with a message without waiting for the baptism of the Holy Ghost neither have they been baptised (immersed) in Jesus name as the apostles were! Acts 2:38
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
– With the Holy Ghost comes power and ability to be a witness unto the Lord!
The Initial Outpouring of the
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
– The initial outpouring of the Holy Ghost!
11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tonguesthe wonderful works of God.
– Here and in Acts 2:1-4 we have the initial out-pouring of the gift of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. There is a difference between the gift of the Holy Ghost and the gift of tongues as mentioned in I Cor 12 & 14.
– With the gift of the Holy Ghost they spoke in tongues and magnified God! Others heard and understood when they heard their language!
– With the gift of Tongues as in Corinthians, a message is given followed by an interpretation for the edification of the Church!
– We all speak in tongues as we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, while not all of us are used in the gifts of the Spirit or more specifically, tongues.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
– Here we have the fulfilment of Joel’s prophesy!
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall
receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
– Here we have a proper order to follow; repent, be baptized in Jesus name, and then receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
– vs. 39 It was not for the apostles only.
31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
Being full of the Holy Ghost required for an appointment over church business.
1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost…
– Someone once said that the Holy Spirit is without quantity, this may be true but we have capacity. Are you full? Is Jesus President or only resident?
– The Holy Ghost isarequirement forholding office.
– How do we know if someone is full of the Holy Ghost? We will hear them speak in other tongues! (see Acts 10:46)
14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
– They had received the word and were baptized properly, but had not yet received the Holy Ghost, therefore it is not automatic with believing or baptism!
– How did they know?
24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord.
– Barnabas was full of the Holy Ghost.
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
– Speaking with tongues is the initial evidence of the gift of the Holy Ghost.
– It is God’s prerogative to give the gift of the Holy Ghost before baptism, but the necessity is clear in that they were commanded to be baptized in the name of the Lord.
14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
– There are people and preachers today who will withstand God and oppose those who accept this blessing and disqualify themselves from receiving it!!
-vs.17, Those who believed on the Lord were baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Certainly an outpouring with the evidence of tongues, possibly there was an appearance of cloven tongues like as of fire as well?
1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John’s baptism.
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
– The Holy Ghost is not automatically received upon believing or Paul would not have asked this question.
– The Spirit given by the laying on of hands.
– They were willing to accept more truth.
Thus far we have covered prophesies concerning the baptism of the Holy Ghost as well as New Testament examples, we now move on to references to the baptism of the Spirit in the letters to the Churches.
The Spirit Unifies Us
1 Cor 12:13
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
– We enter the body of Christ, or the church (the bride) by being baptized with the Holy Ghost. This isn’t necessarily all that we do, but it is one thing that we do.
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
– In order to receive the promise in Acts 2:38, we shouldobey the first part of Acts 2:38, repentance and baptism in Jesus name. Also general obedience.
We are in Christ / Christ is in us
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
– We are in Christ when we get the Holy Ghost. Jn 14:20.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
– We can’t please God in the flesh. We need to have the Spirit.
– Vs. 9 We are in the Spirit if the Spirit is in us.
We become the Sons of God Through the Spirit
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
– We need to not only receive the Spirit, but to be led of the Spirit.
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
see Romans 8: 15-16 above.
The Kingdom of God
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
To Know the Deep Things of God
1 Cor 2:10-16
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
– If you want to know the things of God, or the will of God, you need the Spirit of God.
– If you don’t have the Spirit of God some things that are the will of God may seem foolish to you.
We are the temple of the Holy Ghost
1 Cor 3:16-17
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
– We are the temple of God if we have the Holy Ghost.
– Once we have the Holy Ghost we must keep house.
1 Cor 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
– God resides in us and in us as a body.
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
-vs.17 – not an ignorant assumption which some call faith but by FAITH!
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
The Love of God in Us
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
How is the love of God shed abroad in our hearts? BytheHolyGhostwhichisgiventous.
The Blessing of Abraham
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
We are sealed by the Holy Ghost
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
– We are sealed by his Spirit.
– Earnest according to Strongs = a pledge, i.e. part of the purchase-money or property given in advance as security for the rest:
– Do you have a pledge from God of more to come? Have you been sealed?
– Vine’s Dictionary describes being sealed as a mark of authentication, have you been authenticated?
Has God put a mark or seal on you as one of His own?
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
– Again we are sealed by the Spirit.
Admonition to be Filled
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
The Mystery Made Manifest
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
– How is this made manifest or made known? By the evidence of tongues!
The Spirit Sets Us Apart
II Th 2:10-15
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
– We need to love truth!
– Salvation comes through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.
– Truth is in the apostles gospel which leads to obtaining the Spirit.
– We also need to stand fast and hold to apostolic traditions.
1 Pet 1:2
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
– We are set apart through the Spirit to be the Elect.
Holy Ghost given by the Laying on of Hands
2 Tim 1:6-7
6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
See also Acts 8:14-17 & 19:1-6 above.
Saved by the Holy Ghost
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior;
– Saved by the Holy Ghost.
By the Spirit we know we are in God and God in us
I Jn 3: 24
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
I Jn 4:13
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
– How do we know that he is in us? By His Spirit which he has given us.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
The gift of the Holy Ghost vs. the gift of tongues examined.
It is clear from our study that the evidence of receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost is to speak in other tongues. This is not to be confused with the spiritual gifts described in I Corinthians chapters 12 and 14 of which divers kinds of tongues and interpretation of tongues are explained. Many churches and individuals are confused because they fail to recognize this difference.
The “other tongues” spoken on the day of Pentecost as evidence of receiving the Holy Ghost were understood by the various hearers and they were declared to be speaking “the wonderful works of God” Acts 2:11. In comparison, the gift of tongues is best exercised in conjunction with the accompanying gift of interpretation of tongues for the purpose of church edification or encouragement. (I Cor 14)
Speaking in other tongues as evidence of receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost is part of the uniform salvation experience we see throughout the book of Acts, whereas the gifts of the Spirit, (i.e. tongues) are given to those in the church both diversely and severally as the Lord wills. Their purpose, operation, significance and outcome are all different!
What about the gift of tongues?
1 Cor 12:1-11
12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
– These are supernatural gifts beyond the norm! The bible tells us to each is given a measure of faith; this gift of faith is beyond that! We all have a measure of knowledge, wisdom and discerning of spirits but these gifts go beyond into the realm of the miraculous!
In I Cor 14 we read Paul’s instructions on the proper use and administration of these gifts particularly to the end that the church would be edified.
Keys to receiving the Baptism of the Holy Ghost
– Believe that Jesus can, will and wants to live in you.
– Be baptized in Jesus name for the remission of your sins.
– Rejoice with everything in you, worship and praise the Lord for washing away your sins!
– Thank him!
– Obey His word, obey Jesus Commandments.
– Hunger and thirst after righteousness.
– Yield your will to His. Present yourself a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to Him.
– Unite and worship in one accord in one place with those of like precious faith.
– Have church elders lay hands on and pray for you to receive.
– Quench not the Spirit.
– Pray!! The continual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
– Love Him, Worship Him, Desire Him, Seek Him, Long for Him, and Trust Him.
– Understand that it will be your tongue and your voice but God that gives the utterance.
– Worship out loud. Have your voice box and tongue in operation and ready to yield.
– Ask for it!!! It’s a promise and a gift. Our part is to ask and receive.
– Live a life that is pleasing to him.
– Don’t give up and conclude that: it is not available, it is not God’s will for you to have it, or that it is not worth the hassle.
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
Be sure to check out our other topical truth papers in this series: